spring break

Today is our first day of our long awaited spring break.
Obviously we don't have similar dates in terms of holidays, but i hope you all carried out your exams successfully. I did not do so well. But I will catch up quickly.

Enough bullshit. Let's talk about real bullshit :)
I have been reading about the history of spring break and found out it dated back to Socrates and the Greeks. Not very surprising. Basically, it's taking a big break from work, and getting drunk and drugged and fucked.
I want to dedicate this spring break to nature. I know it's corny and geeky, but really. If you think about it, spring is when flora gets to blossom again after a long and tough winter.
I want to dedicate this spring break to a tree. The tree of Ténéré. I don't know if you've already heard about it, but it was the most isolated tree on the planet. I've been browsing though Nigeria on GoogleEarth and stumbled upon the site where the tree lived before it was run down by a drunk truck driver in 1973. There was no other tree around it for 400km!! People really though it was a magical site. It really shows the power of mother nature's love for our blue planet. Today, an ugly metal structure takes its place to commemorate the tree.
I find this incredible. Really. I really recommend looking at the article on Wikipedia. it's soooo interesting.

This photo was taken in 1961.


Anyway, have a good spring break.